This wish list could be universal for EVERY year....
All I want for Christmas….
I know this is a tall order for Santa, but seeing as he has ‘magical’ powers and has to deliver gifts to approximately 822 children per second to make it around the world in one night, I think he might be able to handle this simple little list.
Dear Santa baby,
1. I have tried my hardest to be a good girl this year, however, I’m sure there are many portions of my life that which I can improve. As with any wish, should you make these come true, I would be at your beck and call with goodwill for years to come.
2. No wrinkles for the next year. I already have enough, so please do your best to disguise what I have and prevent future wrinkles. In return, I will try and stress less about the small things.
3. Everlasting friendships. I have made some wonderful friends and hope to continue to stay true to them and continue our bonds into future adulthood. Let my new friends know that my intentions for advice, support and love are genuine.
4. Meaningful kisses for any occasion – friendship, love, thoughtfulness and flirtatiousness.
5. Tight hugs in times of sadness and gloom. Santa knows that these hugs are the best ingredients for contentment and healing. They have been few and far between this year.
6. Easy traffic on my morning and evening commute. Come on, use your magic!
Promotion, promotion, promotion! Bonus, bonus, bonus!
7. Contentment in the things I cannot change, like bills, global warming and euthanasia. Duh, what did you think I meant – love? Yeah, that’s probably not a realistic thing to ask for….hey, you do what you can.
8. Great conversations. There is nothing like a great mind-bending gab session about anything from politics (hopefully not – I don’t know enough to hold my own) to Roe vs. Wade (don’t get me started), the best Fall TV lineup or even an argument that the Packers are the best team in the NFL (best not to go there either – you will LOSE).
8. No gray hairs. I like my hair color. So sue me. In exchange, I will not flip anyone off in traffic for at least a year. I feel any future gray hairs will naturally stem from bad driver’s direct affect on me.
9. Bless me with music. It’s my best form of therapy that doesn’t require an EOB. Hey, Otis said it best….”Try a Little Tenderness”…..it cures all.
10. Everlasting love. Who doesn’t want that? It never hurts to ask.
11. Oh yeah……and world peace.
May each twinkle light that burns out each year be reminiscent of each bad piece of karma that has been expunged from my life.