Friday, December 12, 2008

Guilty Pleasures.....

I had a funny realization yesterday as I sat eating my Mac N Cheese spirals for dinner. I think I'm a kid trapped in a 'grownup' body. Sounds weird, but all the signs point to it.

I'll set the scene: Whenever I go to a hotel room, I jump on the bed - even if it's just once. Come on.....we all have done it. I just said it out loud.

My secret fantasy is to live in a treehouse.

I love all the bad cereals - cocoa krispies, count chocula and eating Cheerios dry without milk and I love the free toy at the bottom of the box. I have been known to grab one box over another because of the toy.

If I knew i could get away with it, I'd have a whole room dedicated to Lego's - the whole town sets and everything. Although I find that once the lego set is built, it's not as fun. The fun part for me is finding the pieces and building it. I never got into the role-playing part enjoying the town.

I love to go sledding, make forts outside, although I haven't been able to do it for a long time due to Wisconsin's lack of snow (except in Dec of 2002 & last year's 100 inches in Ktown - craziness). There's just something weird about a 37 year old getting the 'ice block' going in her yard! Lots of weird looks, I suspect.

I still love to color easter eggs but don't want to spend the money to get the kits (and I hate hard boiling them because it was always a rule at home that if I made them, then someone had to eat them, so NO EGGS!)

My coloring in coloring books is the only thing I've 'Graduated" from. Now I acrylic paint and do prismacolors and object collages on canvases.

I love watching cartoons. The Charlie Brown Christmas was on the other night and I even DVR'd it. Love the Grinch, love Rudolph, although the claymation characters were indeed a little weird and i'm still weirded out by the abominable snowman.

Swings are my best friend. When I walk during the week in the summer, I ALWAYS stop by the park and swing on the swings. Somehow, everything is better when swinging on the swings. Nothing matters, there are no worries or problems. Sad that kids don't like playing outside anymore. It's all about Xbox, Wii, TV and stuff.

I love doing cannonballs into the pool. It's boring just swimming. Admit it!

Love silly putty and PlayDough, and making snowflakes out of folded paper.

There you have it. 10 year old Rach in a 37 year old body. Hey, as long as I don't FEEL 37! Then I can stay a kid as long as I want.

1 comment:

Abe said...

I love swinging on swings, too! My ex and I used to always do that at the park next to my building...makes you feel spirited and energetic!