Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jimmy John Rach...

I always tell you about the decent pics that I add (or maybe I’m biased), but this time I thought I would share with you a little story…..

I have led a very photographical life. My grandfather was a photographer in the war and throughout the 60s professionally. I was the only grandchild, so I was blessed with a childhood full of pics everytime I visited.

I never once had a blinking problem. Lately, that has changed. My husband and I own a photography business and I was a test subject a lot of the times for new equipment. Recently, we made the huge switch from Canon to Nikon. It was a huge adjustment, but the quality stood out with the Nikon and their flash system by far more superior than the Canon due to their precise light metering.

To be short, the Nikon system’s flash sends out a dual “pre-cursor” flash to “meter” the light and then flashes the correct amount of power to light the situation properly. It is nearly instantaneously and virtually undetectable to the naked eye. To everyone except me, I suppose. I have very sensitive eyes apparently because on a recent trip to Petrifying Springs Park in Kenosha, I was a test subject once again and suddenly had a blinking problem. I thought it was originally due to the different shutter sound, or that the red-eye reduction was on, however that was not the case. I must have taken about 3 or 4 blink shots to every non-blink shot. We have since remedied the problem with a workaround (use the flash in Manual, or use a separate pre-cursor flash 2 seconds apart from the regular flash instead of the 2 at once).

I now am affectionately known as a person with “Jimmy John eyes”…..this meaning “Freaky good, freaky fast.” I actually came up with that one and it seems to fit me….on both facets.

So, in the essence of making fun of myself, here are some of the terrible faces of the new “Jimmy John Rach”…..

Enjoy laughing…..I did, and it gets me through the bad days.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy drunk Rach….

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

“I am so sick of this shit Rach”

Photobucket

“I really have to use the bathroom Rach”

Photobucket

Regal Rach

Photobucket

No comments: